New public and private cloud capabilities enable you to run, manage, connect and secure your applications across clouds and devices in a common operating environment. Sessions in this track will cover new developments with VMware products including vSphere, VMware Cloud on AWS, Cloud Foundation, Cost Insight, Project Dimension, vCenter Converter, vCloud Suite, Virtual Volumes, VMware Integrated OpenStack, VMware Validated Designs and Workstation Player, vSAN, and Wavefront by VMware.
What does it take to manage a hybrid cloud? Get answers to frequently asked questions about:
• New applications and architectures, availability and core storage
• Best practices for successful implementation
Explore the in and outs of hyperconverged infrastructure. Learn how to:
• Modernize your infrastructure with HCI powered by vSAN architecture.
• Get up and running fast and build on your current knowledge to reap the benefits of HCI solutions.
Hyper-converged infrastructure (HCI) has become the must-have infrastructure that spans the data center, edge locations, and the public cloud. In this session, you will hear from thought leaders and customers who are at the forefront of HCI, pushing the envelope on vSAN and VMware Cloud Foundation. Get a sneak peek at what’s coming and see demos of the latest capabilities.
What does it take to successfully manage a hybrid cloud? Sessions in this track will:
• Explore VMware’s comprehensive cloud management solutions for hybrid cloud.
• Demonstrate how to run and manage applications across your on-premises and public cloud environments.
This new de facto architecture for IT is only possible through consistent infrastructure – compute, storage, and networking and consistent operations. Learn how VMware is advancing the market for hybrid cloud with powerful new services to support all of your applications.
Learn how to build, optimize and secure your cloud environment across public and hybrid clouds with VMware multi-cloud solutions. Build, run and manage applications easily, migrate them across clouds, and apply enterprise-class security to all workloads – with a unified view of their health, performance and security. Hear how VMware customers are improving agility and minimizing complexity in the public cloud, while staying ahead of security risks and controlling climbing cloud bills. Sessions in this track will cover new developments with VMware products including: CloudHealth, VMware Secure State, Cloud Automation Services, and Bitnami.
What does it take to manage operations in multi-cloud environments? Attend the sessions on this track to:
• Explore VMware’s SaaS solutions that help you easily build, optimize and manage applications and workloads in a multi-cloud environment.
• Learn how to securely run and govern applications across multi-cloud environments.
With hundreds of cloud consumers across the distributed enterprise, how can you ensure governance and consistency? How can you harness the innovation of AWS, Azure, Google Cloud and others without exponentially increasing complexity? Learn how to create a multi-cloud strategy that builds on the power of the cloud while minimizing complexity and risk. Hear about VMware’s vision for a multi-cloud management platform that will drive and govern your cloud investments today and in the future, no matter where you are in your multi-cloud journey.
Explore cloud native technologies with an emphasis on containers and Kubernetes. Sessions in this track will address the needs of specific audiences—from beginners seeking to move their career and organization forward to architects looking for new insight into cluster operations. We will dive into VMware's Kubernetes portfolio and the principles that define cloud native infrastructure.
Attend sessions in this track to:
• Start your Kubernetes journey; add the skills and knowledge to make the best use of cloud native technologies.
• Interact with experts to gather tips and tricks based on hundreds of Kubernetes deployments.
• See the newest product innovations to help you manage thousands of users and clusters.
Hear from the creators of Kubernetes, the architects working hands-on with customers and the engineers building new solutions. We will show you how to lead the cloud native conversation at your organization—to change your trajectory—by managing hundreds of users and thousands of Kubernetes clusters across multiple clouds. Maximize your VMworld experience by exploring new territory with our expert team.
Attend sessions in this track to:
• Discover how you can reap tremendous benefits by virtualizing apps such as Oracle, SAP, MS SQL Server, Exchange and Active Directory.
• Learn how to how to effectively monitor and manage Tier 1 apps in virtual environments.
This track covers virtual and cloud networking, including network virtualization, logical network services, network management, and extensibility. Sessions explore in depth the concepts and technology embodied in the new VMware NSX platform, including VMware’s vision for the future of network and security virtualization. Sessions in this track will cover new developments with VMware products including: AppDefense, NSX Cloud, NSX Data Center, NSX Hybrid Connect, vCloud NFV, VMware SD-WAN by VeloCloud, VMware Telco Cloud and vRealize Network Insight.
Find out how take your data center security to the next level.
• Learn how VMware products and solutions allow you to modernize your approach to securing your application infrastructure.
• See demonstrations of innovative new models to transform security.
Delve into the world of VMware’s Network Edge:
• Learn how software-defined-wide-area networking (SD-WAN) connects enterprise branch offices and IoT smart devices to real-time data across large geographic distances.
• See how to simplify your enterprise branch WAN using VMware SD-WAN by VeloCloud to deliver high-performance, reliable branch access to cloud services, private data centers and SaaS-based enterprise applications.
Attend this showcase keynote to hear Tom Corn, VMware’s SVP/GM of Security Technologies and Strategy, and Shawn Bass, VMware’s CTO of End User Computing, reveal VMware’s security strategy and vision. You will learn about the latest advancements in the VMware portfolio, and see a live attack demo that shows how various components are coming together to solve the security problem.
Explore the concepts and technology embodied in the VMware NSX portfolio.
• Learn about the technology that enables the business fabric of our distributed world from software-based network virtualization to policy and extensibility to analytics and insights.
• Hear VMware’s vision for the future of networking and security and how your business can benefit.
Attend sessions in this track to learn about vCloud NFV:
• Learn how to automate your network and accelerate new services.
• See how vCloud NFV enables wireline and wireless service providers to deploy an elastic business model for cross-cloud services and service enablement while simplifying networks and reducing costs.
Come hear Tom Gillis, SVP/GM of NSBU, share the latest roadmap for the Virtual Cloud Network, VMware’s vision for networking in the digital age. You will hear about the latest innovations and see demonstrations of technologies that are transforming networking and security. This session is highly recommended for those attending VMware NSX, VMware NSX Cloud, VMware SD-WAN by VeloCloud, and VMware AppDefense sessions throughout the week.
This track explores securely enabling personal productivity across mobile and PC endpoints with cloud-based modern management and delivering all apps, including your critical Win 32 apps and web, mobile and SaaS apps such as Office 365, through one consistent experience to enable employee self-service while lowering IT overhead.
See a different approach to managing the OS from the cloud.
• Learn how to securely deliver virtualized desktops and published applications to end users across devices and locations through a single platform.
• Discover how to seamlessly deploy and manage virtual workspaces across private and public clouds from a single control plane.
Find out how you can deliver the best employee experience using VMware solutions and products:
• Discover how to leverage VMware's digital workspace solution to stay on top of your threat landscape.
• Learn how to remove the friction of access so employees can get work done in real time from any device or location, without compromising security or experience.
Learn how mobile device management technologies are reinventing PC lifecycle management.
• Discover how our mobile device management technologies provide modern efficiencies for devices on or off corporate networks and domains.
• Explore how new unified endpoint management (UEM) empowers IT to use a single platform to manage all devices – mobile, PC, rugged, and IoT – regardless of ownership models, with protection of employee privacy.
Organizations that provide excellent employee experience are more likely to be higher growth, more competitive, and report higher employee net promoter scores. End-user computing professionals have the opportunity to be elevated as strategic business partners as they automate the mundane and turn their focus toward people. Don’t miss the one keynote of the year that could change the trajectory of your career.
Learn how VMware’s innovative solutions for emerging technologies such as Internet of Things (IoT) enable our partners and customers to execute their digital business transformation strategies. Discover how VMware is exploring and identifying disruptive technology trends to shape future solutions yet to be built.
Extend your hybrid and ubiquitous digital foundation to support all your edge and IoT implementations.
• Learn about VMware's position and thought leadership in IoT.
• Enable OT and IT teams to focus on accelerating digital innovation by standardizing, securing and scaling dynamic edge and IoT environments.
Attend the sessions in this track if you are curious about the future of technology.
• Learn about forward-looking technology that will help you plan and evolve your IT strategies over the next 3 to 5 years.
• Explore and discuss next-gen trends and technologies and what VMware technologists envision for the future.
By attending sessions in this track you will:
• Learn how using machine learning and behavioral analytics enable vSphere administrators to deliver more secure applications and infrastructure.
• Explore the future of technology and what is possible with machine learning and analytics.