Here's the VMware news from around the VMworld San Francisco campus, Tuesday Day 2Today Steve Herrod kicked off General Session beating the drums with LiveLab. We then got our first look at VMware Horizon™ Suite, our integrated platform for the mobile, multi-device workspace. Next, we held our first VMworld Challenge with global diamond sponsors Cisco, Dell, EMC, HP and NetApp competing for attendee votes with 4-minute demos of their product/solution. NetApp won the challenge, and their chosen non-profit “Be the Match” will receive $10,000 from VMware.
- Also announced during the keynote, we're extending VMware Horizon Mobile to iOS, using an app-wrapping approach to the virtualization
- Michael Hubbard comments on Steve Herrod’s Day 2 Keynote, where he covers the multi-device workspace (video)
- Video highlights from today from the VMworld TV Crew:
- And a nice wrap-up from theCUBE interviews in the Hang Space from Day 1:
- A packed venue for the Women of Purpose event: