Post by Phil Curran
VMworld Las Vegas 2011 wraps up today and, needless to say, it was great to see so many current and future members of the CommVault family — customers, partners and IT professionals — gathered together around our booth, chatting about virtualization, deduplication, data protection, backup & recovery, and throwing around terms that only those of us in the IT industry can actually use in everyday conversation. Lots of us literally weathered storms to get to the conference, but after four days of sessions and demos we must finally pack up and head home. But first, a quick recap.
Over the past few weeks, CommVault has made several advancements in how we can help customers and partners manage and protect virtual servers:
- We introduced our new service provider program to aid Managed Service Providers (MSPs) in streamlining the deployment and management of cloud services;
- We announced full support for VMware vSphere 5;
- We shared the story of how Richardson International, Canada's largest, privately owned agribusiness, was able to grow its virtual server farm with Simpana software;
- We announced CommVault's new VIRAL program and infrastructure building blocks for VMware resellers;
- We also announced our VMware Application Data Management (ADM) bundle aimed at helping guide small and midsize businesses (SMBs) down the road to virtual stability;
- We revealed the findings of our annual CommVault end user virtualization survey;
- We led a session during VMworld where we discussed Snapshot-based Backups for Virtual Infrastructures;
- In the midst of it all... we held a contest on Twitter to get your feedback on what you would like to learn during our "Customers on CommVault" VMworld booth sessions and gave away an iPad 2!
It's been a busy and exciting week for us, but the opportunity to speak with many of you to hear about your challenges, success stories, and to answer your questions about data protection was well worth it. Thank you for joining us this VMworld — both in person and online.
In the words of @paulmon:
Please stay in touch! Follow @CommVault on Twitter, like us on Facebook, and join our PartnerAdvantage group on LinkedIn. Don't miss out on the exclusive content available on these channels and the chance to connect with the greater CommVault community. See you at VMworld 2012!
Phil Curran is a Senior Product Marketing Manager with CommVault.