DISCUSSIONS & DOCUMENTS

3 Replies Last post: Aug 1, 2012 9:22 AM by Scott Bailey  
clotspeich Mentor 24 posts since
Apr 10, 2011
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 18, 2012 9:25 AM

Hands-on Labs Updates for VMworld 2012

The VMworld 2012 Hands-on Labs team has been working feverishly to prepare great content for this year's conference. There is some exciting news to share including an expanded lab catalog, a modular content approach and new ways to take labs.

The lab catalog has grown this year to include topics across the entire cloud spectrum. You will interact with the latest versions of VMware's software solutions in cloud Infrastructure, operations, end-user computing and applications. From vSphere and vCloud Director to vFabric; from View and vCOps to Socialcast and Zimbra; you will have the chance to experience VMware products that are new to you and see them in action, solving real-world problems.

Have you found it challenging, in the past, to carve out an hour and a half from your busy VMworld schedule to take a lab? This year we are making two important changes that will make it easier to fit the Hands-on Labs into your schedule. First, each lab topic can be completed in 60 minutes or less. While we are retaining the successful scenario-based approach from last year, the content is more succinct and will allow you to learn the key takeaways in less time.

We are also excited to introduce the concept of Lightning Labs at VMworld 2012. Some lab topics will be broken into smaller 15 or 30 minute modules to make the Hands-on Labs fit better into your schedule. If you only have 15 minutes before lunch, you can drop in, take a Lightning Lab and get a complete story in a bite-sized format. You can come back later and complete the other modules in the same lab topic or move on to other topics as you see fit. It is our hope that Lightning Labs will make the entire Hands-on Labs content catalog more flexible and accessible to all VMworld 2012 attendees.

For the first time, at VMworld 2012, you can bring your own device (BYOD) to the Hands-on Labs. The BYOD delivery model will demonstrate a new way to access and complete Hands-on Lab content on your own tablet or laptop. A separate area will be provided where you will connect to wireless, login to the portal and take labs from your own device. Please be sure to bring your gear with you so that you can try out the new site.

We hope that you will join us this year at the VMworld 2012 Hands-on Labs. There is new content to be discovered and easier ways to get at it.

Register to attend VMworld and stop by to see us!

Stay Connected
Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
Blog
YouTube
Google+

vmw-web-vmworld-global-banner-125x125-101.jpg
Kent Altena Apprentice 3 posts since
May 20, 2008
1. Jul 30, 2012 8:18 AM in response to: clotspeich
Re: Hands-on Labs Updates for VMworld 2012

Any update on the announcement last year of prolonged Lab access after the conference is over? I know last year this was a big announcement that there lab would be public after the event. ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqA2MT0aP54) I saw with the preconference training one had extended access before and 30 days after the event.  Will regular conference goers have the same access AFTER the event?  This may be a go - no go decision for my boss.  Thanks!

Kent

Lynda Gilchrist Apprentice 2 posts since
Jun 3, 2011
2. Aug 1, 2012 7:32 AM in response to: clotspeich

I am new to VMWorld (1st trip) and it said at registration that there will be labs Sunday from 11:00 - 7:00.  I do not see any labs that I can sign up for.  How do you find out what labs are offered and how do you sign up for them?  I see breakout sessions, but no labs listed.

Any help will be greatly appreciated :)

Scott Bailey Apprentice 11 posts since
Aug 12, 2010
3. Aug 1, 2012 9:22 AM in response to: Lynda Gilchrist

Lynda,

Once you get registered Sunday you can just head over to the labs area. If I remember correctly it was across the street from the register area at the last San Fran VMworld. No need to pre sign up for anything, just show up and take the lab(s) you're interested in. In my experience Sunday and Thursday are both great days to take labs, no lines!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Join Our Communities

Contact Us

Drop us a line at
vmworldteam@vmware.com

USA & Canada: 1-800-365-2459

International: +1 203-851-7802

Copyright © 2014 VMware, Inc. All rights reserved.