VMworld

12 Replies Last post: Aug 3, 2009 10:18 AM by Dave Sweatt  
Saqib Fayyaz Candidate 1 posts since
Aug 20, 2008
Currently Being Moderated

Jul 31, 2009 6:53 AM

When will the session registration begin?

Isn't the VMWorld 2009 session registration supposed to be available today? Does anyone know?

cfung08 Apprentice 7 posts since
Jun 22, 2009
1. Jul 31, 2009 9:56 AM in response to: Saqib Fayyaz
Re: When will the session registration begin?

Schedule builder will be available Monday, August 3rd.

Stanjiii Apprentice 12 posts since
Sep 10, 2007
2. Aug 2, 2009 5:32 PM in response to: cfung08

I received and email on Thursday at 1:30 am that registration for labs and sessions opened for registered attendees.  There were issues with the site and I had to contact VMworld support.  After the correction, I was able to resister for labs and sessions...

Scott Walker Apprentice 11 posts since
May 3, 2008
3. Aug 3, 2009 7:43 AM in response to: Saqib Fayyaz

Does anyone have an ETA when they will open it?  This is total crap and BS, complete amateur hour!

Very dissapointing for VMWare to have such a poor website for registration.

Benny Hauk Apprentice 27 posts since
Oct 3, 2007
4. Aug 3, 2009 8:03 AM in response to: Stanjiii

If anyone can shed any light on how to register for sessions, that'd be great.  Fustrating that VMware can't seem to get this stuff straight.  I see where I can see the specific times for each session (in the content catalog, hit the "Day" tab).  But I still don't see how I'm supposed to register for stuff.

Registering for sessions in 2006 was a big pain but this time around my experience is even worse because of the communication which at this point is non-existant and the FAQ area is abiguous at best.

Again, if anyone can provide a little help it would be a of great benefit.  I'll call the support contact numbers later today but haven't the time right now to be on the phone.

Richard Caldwell Apprentice 13 posts since
Jul 25, 2008
5. Aug 3, 2009 8:26 AM in response to: Benny Hauk

Public registration isn't open yet.  When it opens there's normally a link on the front page for the schedule builder and they send out an email.

Sep 10, 2007
6. Aug 3, 2009 8:31 AM in response to: Benny Hauk

This sounds similar to my problem last Thursday.

I could only view sessions and labs.

On the left side of the schedule page, there was a "contact VMware"

I had to email them and they corrected it by setting up access rights.

Now, when I go the site, I have a link that says "My Schedule" and I can add sessions and labs.

Last year I got in late, and all of the instructor labs were filled.

coryshaffer Candidate 2 posts since
Nov 16, 2007
7. Aug 3, 2009 9:42 AM in response to: Saqib Fayyaz

When I contacted registration here is what they said:   "The scheduler builder is currently unavailable, but will go going live today.  You should be receiving an email shortly with full instructions and the exact time the scheduler builder will be accessible for registration."

Dave Sweatt Apprentice 23 posts since
Sep 16, 2008
8. Aug 3, 2009 9:59 AM in response to: Saqib Fayyaz

This is total B.S. Now what, I have to stay glued to this Damned website so I can TRY to get into the labs and sessions that have value for the thousands I'm spending to attend this TURD? VMWare is either so arrogant or clueless I can't believe it. I never in my life had to put up with the crap VMWare demands I put up with. Can someone post a phone number for these people, I can't even find that on this POS site.

Sep 10, 2007
9. Aug 3, 2009 10:05 AM in response to: Dave Sweatt

I feel your pain!  Last year, I missed the general email because it came in after I left work. 

Next day, all of the labs were filled.

This year, I registered last week and somehow got the email to build a schedule early...after emailing vmworld support, finally got the schedule built...

Brian Kirsch Candidate 2 posts since
Jul 17, 2008
10. Aug 3, 2009 10:11 AM in response to: Saqib Fayyaz

Let's hope they increased the size of the labs or I will speak with my wallet and not go next year if everything is full again (this is my second time going).

Benny Hauk Apprentice 27 posts since
Oct 3, 2007
11. Aug 3, 2009 10:18 AM in response to: Benny Hauk

The "ScheduleBuilder" piece is live for me now.  Just registered for my 2 labs and thought I'd post this before registering for everything else.

Go here and login:  http://vmworld.com/community/conferences/2009/schedulebuilder-login!input.jspa?src=EM_09Q3_VMW_OTHER_VMWORLD2009-SCHED-BLD-INV5&ossrc=EM_09Q3_VMW_OTHER_VMWORLD2009-SCHED-BLD-INV5

For me, "My Schedule" finally showed up on the left-hand side whereas before it wasn't.  The site is actually responding very well for me (my previous registration experience for VMworld was that registrants nearly brought the event management company's servers down).  So far the experience is much better (only wish communication was better).

Dave Sweatt Apprentice 23 posts since
Sep 16, 2008
12. Aug 3, 2009 10:18 AM in response to: Brian Kirsch

I registered months ago for this conference. Nothing was ever said that your money only bought you the opportunity to fight the other attendees for space. If the content I paid to get is unavailable due to VMWare's ineptness\uncaring I'll be speaking with my legal department, not my wallet. Goes without saying I won't be subjecting any of my staff to this if VMWare doesn't get off their high horse.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...