Taking VMware vSphere Storage APIs - Data Protection to the Limit: Pushing the Backup Performance Envelope
|Industry leaders Cisco, NetApp, VMware and Symantec have teamed up to develop a best practice framework and performance benchmark based on the VMware vSphere® Storage APIs - Data Protection (VADP). The test configuration uses the popular NetApp FlexPod environment, and the result proves that you can easily protect over 4 TB of virtual machine data per hour. And improved backup performance creates more reliable backups, shorter backup windows and less impact on the vSphere infrastructure.|
In this session, we will show how these performance numbers can be easily obtained with minimal hardware and a small budget. In addition to backup performance, we will also discuss restore performance considerations.
Key topics include:
• How to select the correct hardware for the best ROI
• Strategies for minimizing backup impact and maximizing backup throughput
• Performance characteristics of VADP
• SAN or NBD (network) transports: which is recommended?
• Configurations for the fastest possible restores
Please sign-in to view this session in the theater below. (If you do not have an account, please create a "free" account)