What is VMworld?
VMworld, hosted by VMware, is a global event with two VMworld Campuses - San Francisco and Barcelona. At VMworld you'll gain the tools you need to transform conventional remedies into seamless, agile solutions that dramatically simplify your operations and provide unmatched business advantages. Join us as thousands of IT innovators explore the leading edge of the industry's most powerful trends.
VMworld offers attendees informative Breakout Sessions and Hands-on Lab training, plus access to a wealth of technology partners to discuss virtualization best practices, building a private cloud, leveraging the public cloud, managing desktops as a service, virtualizing enterprise applications and more.
Who attends VMworld?
VMworld attendees include IT technical professionals and business decision-makers from organizations of all sizes, representing a wide range of industries.
When and where will VMworld 2013 take place?
VMworld 2013 US will take place August 25 - 29, 2013 at:
the VMworld Campus
San Francisco, CA.
VMworld 2013 Europe will take place October 15 - 17 , 2013 with Partner Day on October 14 at:
Fira Barcelona Gran Via - North Entrance, Hall 8
What are the registration fees for the event?
Please see our conference pricing for additional details.
What is the VMworld Hall Crawl?
The annual Hall Crawl is a staple of VMworld’s networking. Join us on the Solutions Exchange floor for drinks and appetizers while learning about the latest advancements from some of the top innovative companies in our field.
What is Schedule Builder?
Schedule Builder is an online calendar tool that allows full-conference attendees to view a complete listing of sessions, and to secure space in a session by adding to their schedule.
Do I need to wear my conference badge throughout
the entire VMworld 2013 conference?
Yes, please wear your conference badge to all functions, Breakout Sessions, Hands-on Labs and meetings so that you can be readily identified as a VMworld 2013 attendee. Every precaution possible is taken to ensure a safe and secure working environment at VMworld. Please be prepared to show valid photo identification at registration before receiving your conference badge.
What meals are included in the registration fee?
Breakfast, lunch and refreshments will be provided daily. Full-conference attendees are also invited to the Welcome Reception, and the VMworld Party. If you have any special dietary requests, please be sure to inform us during the registration process.
Are guests permitted to attend?
Attendees may register one guest who is 21 years of age or older. Registered guests are permitted to attend the VMworld Welcome Reception and the VMworld Party. The Guest Pass fee begins at $300.
The Guest Pass does not include access to Breakout Sessions, General Sessions, Hands-on Labs, meals, or any other activities that are reserved for attendees with full conference passes. Guest passes can be purchased during online registration or onsite at the conference registration desk.
Do I need a visa to attend the conference?
There are a few countries that require a visa for entry. We recommend checking in advance with your country's US consulate.
How do I obtain a Visa Invitation letter?
During the registration process you will be asked if you require a visa letter. In order to request a visa letter from the VMworld team, please be prepared to provide the following information:
- Full Name on Passport
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- Gender [Male, Female]
- Passport Number
- Place of Issue
- Date of Issue
- Date of Expiration
- Are you a Government Official [Yes, No]
- Local embassy name
- Local embassy address
Visa invitation letters will be submitted for approval for those attendees that have requested a visa invite letter and have completed registration data for a full-conference pass, including payment . Please note that we can only issue visa letters for fully paid attendees and you will need to allow 2-3 weeks for your embassy to process your request. Duto to embassy processing schedules, visa letter requests will not be accepted after August 5, 2013. We can only issue visa letters for fully paid attendees.
Can I be denied registration for any reason?
VMware reserves the right to deny registration to any individual or entity for any reason, at VMware's sole discretion, including for past or present failure to meet VMware's standards of conduct (including, but not limited to, engaging in violent, illegal, threatening or discriminatory conduct).
What is the recommended attire for VMworld attendees?
Business casual attire is appropriate for attending sessions and labs. Casual attire is recommended for the VMworld 2013 Party.
Can I get copies of the material presented at the conference?
Yes, the presentations will be posted online for access by attendees soon after VMworld 2013. Most materials will only be available to attendees.
What is the common language spoken at VMworld?
The official language of the conference is English. All General Sessions, Breakout Sessions and Hands-on Labs will be presented in English. Translation services will not be provided. If you elect to bring your own translator, please contact the registration support team.
Will Internet stations be available?
Yes, Internet stations will be provided along with Wi-Fi hot spots throughout the conference facility for paid attendees.
Do I need to contact the hotel to book my reservation?
No, when you register online for VMworld 2013, you will have an opportunity to request your hotel, designate check-in and check-out dates, and provide your credit card information. A hotel reservation will be made for you and guaranteed with your credit card.
Do I need to give a credit card to reserve my hotel room?
Yes, a credit card will be needed to confirm your reservation at a designated VMworld 2013 hotel.
What time is check-in and check-out at the hotels reserved for VMworld?
Standard hotel check-in time is 3:00 pm and check-out time is 11:00 am, but these times may vary depending on the hotel you choose.
If I am not registered for VMworld 2013, how do I book my hotel room?
To take advantage of VMworld's discounted room rates, you must be registered for VMworld 2013 and book through our registration system.
Is transportation provided from the airport to the hotel?
No, transportation is not provided from the airport to the hotel. Possible options for travel to downtown San Francisco include:
- From San Francisco International Airport (SFO)
- Taxi cab service: Approximately $45 one-way, not including gratuity
- Super Shuttle (shared ride): $17 one-way, not including gratuity
- BART: $8.10 one-way
- From Oakland International Airport (OAK):
- Taxi cab service: Approximately $60.00 one-way, not including gratuity
- Super Shuttle (shared ride): $27.00 one-way, not including gratuity
- BART: $3.80 (plus $3.00 for AirBART) one-way
Which hotels offer smoking rooms?
Smoking rooms cannot be guaranteed, and are only available upon request.
Where do I pick up my conference badge?
Please pick up your badge at the VMworld 2013 registration desk during open registration hours. For security purposes, be prepared to show identification.
What happens if I lose my badge?
You will need to go to a registration assisted check-in desk and have your badge reprinted. You will be required to show photo identification and pay a $75 badge replacement fee.
Is there an age minimum for VMworld?
You must be at least 18 years of age to attend the conference and expo. You must be 21 or older to attend the evening functions.
What is included in my registration fee?
Your registration fee for a full conference pass entitles you to the following:
- Welcome Reception
- General Sessions
- Breakout Sessions Note: Some sessions require valid Partner status
- Hands-on Labs
- VMworld 2013 Party
- Solutions Exchange
- Meals as provided by VMworld 2013 (as noted above)
Is there a deadline for registration?
No. You can register online through the last day of the conference.
What form of payment do you accept for VMworld 2013 registration?
When registering, you may pay by credit card, check or wire transfer. Your payment must be received to print your conference badge on-site.
Please note that beginning July 27th, payment is accepted by credit cards only or cash on-site.
How can I register for both VMworld San Francisco and Barcelona?
Registration for each event is separate. You will need to register and pay for each event independently.
Can I exchange PSO consulting credits for passes to VMworld?
Customers wishing to purchase passes to VMworld San Francisco 2013 using their PSO Credits can do so starting April 4, 2013. Please note that the conditions do apply:
- Training credit accounts cannot be used to purchase passes to VMworld, only PSO Consulting credits may be used.
- For the San Francisco event, running August 25-29, 2013, the number of credits required for one pass is 22 credits.
- Only 10 passes can be purchased per PSO Credit Account.
- Account must be active through the duration of the event. Accounts expiring before August 26, 2013 will not be eligible to purchase passes using PSO Credits.
- Discounts are not applicable when using PSO Credits to purchases passes to VMworld events.
- Tickets purchased with PSO Credits are not refundable.
How do I register for VMworld using my PSO Consulting Credits?
To register for VMworld using PSO Consulting Credits please follow the steps below:
- Activate your PSO Credit account if not already activated using your activation email.
- Create an account at VMworld.com if not already created.
- For the San Francisco event go to mylearn.vmware.com/vmworld/?e=10 to get your registration codes for pass purchases.
- For the Barcelona event got to mylearn.vmware.com/vmworld/?e=11 to get your registration codes for pass purchases.
- Access www.vmworld.com/registration.jspa to redeem your registration codes and register for VMworld.
I am registering for the event through MyLearn, attempting to get
my Token/Code, and I am receiving an error message that my company
has met its’ limit, is this true? How can I fix this or work around this?
There are several reasons why you may receive an error:
- You are attempting to register for the event through MyLearn using a personal email address (i.e. gmail.com, etc) rather than using your work email address or the domain associated with the credits account they are trying to access in order to purchase their pass.
- Your account is expiring before the event begins/ ends. Your account must be effective through the duration of the event for which you are registering. If your account expires before the final date of the event, you are not eligible to use your PSO credits for ticket purchase.
- Your account is a "Training Credits" account. Only PSO Credits accounts may be used for VMworld ticket purchases.
- Your account may have some other hold on it. Please contact PSOCredits@vmware.com if none of the above error reasons apply to your situation so that we may further investigate your issue.