Comprehensive Learning Paths
VMware experts have created paths from our content offerings to help guide you. For each of the following select areas, we have identified sessions addressing both “getting started” and “advanced” curriculums in key areas of virtualization.
Recommendations include select, high-value sessions aligned with additional areas of our event program (labs, demos and group discussions). This further compliments your educational experience and provides you a comprehensive understanding of the subject matter. Create a schedule that supports your business needs.
- Software-Defined Data Center (SDDC) - The software-defined data center is a cloud architecture that extends the familiar virtualization principles of abstraction, pooling and automation to all data center resources, and governs them with policy-driven automation and management. Software-Defined Data Center technology from VMware helps you achieve groundbreaking business agility—reducing application provisioning time from months to minutes.
- Hybrid Cloud - VMware cloud services enable organizations to run any workload, anywhere—onsite and offsite—and move workloads between private and public clouds as needed to meet business and user demands.
- Storage - Virtualized environments require dynamic storage allocation. Software-defined storage meets the challenge by abstracting storage resources to enable pooling, replication, and on-demand distribution.
- End User Computing - The scope of end-user computing is expanding, as the workforce increasingly adopts devices and platforms that provide mobility and productivity anywhere. For IT, the result is an increasingly complex and dynamic environment that’s hard to administer with rigid PC-centric tools and processes.
- Management - VMware Cloud Management solutions help you better provision, manage, and demonstrate the value of the software-defined data center with policy-driven automation and management.Below are suggested sessions aligned with hands on labs, discussion groups and product demos to take you further on your journey.
- Networking - To realize the full potential of the software-defined data center, IT must move networking and security into the twenty-first century with a software abstraction layer—network virtualization.
- Architects - A new architecture is emerging for the datacenter, an architecture where compute, storage and networking resources are defined by software, freed from their hardware boundaries and intelligently automated and managed by software. VMware calls this the Software-Defined Data Center
- Security - The VMware NSX platform for network and security virtualization is at the heart of the software-defined data center. The NSX platform will help customers accelerate operations, improve enterprise agility, and change the economics of networking and security in the cloud era.